Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-Galaxy United News Feed-
Approximate Year in T'sar: 18-Million years since formation.
Brokndrsemes is in charge of creating the 'gas' planets surrounding Genesis.
I have come up of a name for our first star system, C'satherin. Our first (And only) planet within the system is named simply Genesis.
From now on, if you create an element it must have a two letter abbreviation to classify it. Do not repeat abbreviations, if I find one repeated it shall be changed. The Latin system will work.
The Galaxy United website now has a new format to it. If you have any suggestions for future updates don't hesitate to PM me.
The minimum characters needed to post a topic is now lowered to two, as apposed to the previous ten.
A new quick reply feature has been added to the forums.
Chatbox has now been added to the bottom of the homepage.

2 posters

Scolicrur

Shaper
    Shaper
    Beginner
    Beginner

Scolicrur Empty Scolicrur

Post by Shaper Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:36 pm

Scolicrur

Domain: Bacteria (Green)

Phylum: Fusobacteria

Composition: Unicellular; 8 nanograms

Cellular composition: Prokaryotic (Manipulated, fecal)

Scolicrur (pronounced 'SCOHL-eh-cruhr'), coming from the latin words 'Scoli', meaning crooked, and 'Crur', meaning leg. Scolicrur is a gram positive bacterium that is uncommon. This is a mild bacteria formed on animal feces. If an animal is infected, its leg will feel uncomfortable and the animal will be slower than normal. If an animal gives birth while hosting Scolicrur, its offspring will most likely have deformed legs.

Symptoms
    This disease infects the pores of an organism, and locks on, and dives deep into the internal organs. It stays dormant for a few months, then slowly, the leg muscle starts to atrophy.

Strains

There is only one strain of scolicrur.

It can only be formed by the right bacteria placed on feces.

Then, the cells will mutate, and fester, creating the right bacteria to be modified.

This is usually found in close-penned animal habitats.
    etherealk9
    etherealk9
    Beginner
    Beginner

Scolicrur Empty Re: Scolicrur

Post by etherealk9 Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:22 pm

It's like having a dumb leg, only more scientific, interesting, and dangerous... I can see in particular why this thing would pose a serious threat to T'sar's animal life, and I think this is some serious motivation to start genetic modification in animals sooner in T'sar.
    Shaper
    Shaper
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post by Shaper Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:24 am

Thank you.

That's a very well thought out comment.

Rep+

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content