Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-Galaxy United News Feed-
Approximate Year in T'sar: 18-Million years since formation.
Brokndrsemes is in charge of creating the 'gas' planets surrounding Genesis.
I have come up of a name for our first star system, C'satherin. Our first (And only) planet within the system is named simply Genesis.
From now on, if you create an element it must have a two letter abbreviation to classify it. Do not repeat abbreviations, if I find one repeated it shall be changed. The Latin system will work.
The Galaxy United website now has a new format to it. If you have any suggestions for future updates don't hesitate to PM me.
The minimum characters needed to post a topic is now lowered to two, as apposed to the previous ten.
A new quick reply feature has been added to the forums.
Chatbox has now been added to the bottom of the homepage.

3 posters

Our solar system has some issues.

Poll

Add more planets

[ 2 ]
    Our solar system has some issues. Bar_left100%Our solar system has some issues. Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Our solar system has some issues. Bar_left0%Our solar system has some issues. Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Brokndremes
    Brokndremes
    Beginner
    Beginner

Our solar system has some issues. Empty Our solar system has some issues.

Post by Brokndremes Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:55 pm

I've been looking at what our solar system has been so far, which, as far I can tell, is a basic main sequence star with only one planet orbiting it. Ours. This presents many problems. One, with only one planet in the system, there will be no asteroid "Shield" such as that which is provided by planets like jupiter, which traps large amounts of debris before they can reach us. Simple solutions too this would be to make a thicker, denser atmosphere, which would give them more time to, for lack of a better word at this moment, dissolve in the atmosphere. To make this possible, the planet would have to be larger, large enough to hold on to that large atmosphere. Another really simple solution is to add more planets. Second is the issue of moons. On earth, the moon creates the tides with its orbit. It is theorized that this churning of the ocean helped life evolve beyond the simple strands of RNA and DNA into more complex life such as that which is being shown in the gallery. Basically what I'm trying to say is, decide more on the geology of the planet before moving on to ecosystems and life.
    Shaper
    Shaper
    Beginner
    Beginner

Our solar system has some issues. Empty Re: Our solar system has some issues.

Post by Shaper Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Thank you, that's very helpful.

As you can see, we haven't done much on that subject.

I've contributed one of the base "platforms", if you like, of the planet. Gravity.

But yeah, some people enjoy doing some things more than others.

Maybe this planet will get destroyed by debris.
    etherealk9
    etherealk9
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post by etherealk9 Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:21 am

Well, fellow residents, I think this is the time to go and introduce our space faring races who wish to Colonize and Develop the still primitive T'sar. As you may have already noticed, some of us are already developing organisms for T'sar, so until somebody allows the more advanced travelers to use their technology preventing asteroid hits, we might as well do this: suicide

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content