Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-Galaxy United News Feed-
Approximate Year in T'sar: 18-Million years since formation.
Brokndrsemes is in charge of creating the 'gas' planets surrounding Genesis.
I have come up of a name for our first star system, C'satherin. Our first (And only) planet within the system is named simply Genesis.
From now on, if you create an element it must have a two letter abbreviation to classify it. Do not repeat abbreviations, if I find one repeated it shall be changed. The Latin system will work.
The Galaxy United website now has a new format to it. If you have any suggestions for future updates don't hesitate to PM me.
The minimum characters needed to post a topic is now lowered to two, as apposed to the previous ten.
A new quick reply feature has been added to the forums.
Chatbox has now been added to the bottom of the homepage.

4 posters

Cells, the building blocks of life.

Dracosus(girl)
    Beginner
    Beginner

Cells, the building blocks of life. Empty Cells, the building blocks of life.

Post by Dracosus(girl) Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Here I would like to provide information of tye basic Plant an Animal Cell, later on more information will be added, this is to provide I deas to other Creators, hope this helps when complete.

Plant Cell:

- This cell contains Chloroplasts that are green, they take energy from the sunlight ajd use it to produce food, also known as photosynthesis.

Cell Wall- This is also only found in a plant cell, this barrier is stiff and gives the cell a rigid box like shape.

Nucleas- 'The Brain' of the cell, controlling it's activities, including reproduction.

Cytoplasm- This gooey substance is beyond the cell wall and thats where all the organelles flaot around freely.

Nucleolus- Contains the informations towards the cell's activities.

Nuclear Membrane- Protects the cell's Nucleas.

-Now we know all organelles are important in a cell, but those are some of the most important, take a look at the diagram below to view the rest, if you want me to give you information on a certain organelle, please ask.-

Cell Diagram found at www.tvcc.edu

Cells, the building blocks of life. Labeled%2520plant%2520cell

Animal Cell:

Lysosomes- Only found in an animal cell, these organelles eat up dead cell parts and are very important.

Cytoplasm- This gooey substance is beyond the cell wall and thats where all the organelles flaot around freely.

Last edited by Dracosus(girl) on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ocelot-Adamska
    Ocelot-Adamska
    Admin
    Admin

Cells, the building blocks of life. Empty Re: Cells, the building blocks of life.

Post by Ocelot-Adamska Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:01 pm

Very good, I was actually just about to add this myself. You sure saved me some time.
    Dracosus(girl)
    Beginner
    Beginner

Cells, the building blocks of life. Empty Re: Cells, the building blocks of life.

Post by Dracosus(girl) Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:09 pm

Happy to help, I' add diagrams and more definitions, along with a revision tomarrow...l
    Ocelot-Adamska
    Ocelot-Adamska
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ocelot-Adamska Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Okay. I'm also going to move this into the information thread later.
    Dracosus(girl)
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post by Dracosus(girl) Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:20 pm

Thanks, and I have to leave now, hopefully by tomarrow more members will sign up, I'll be on then...
    Ocelot-Adamska
    Ocelot-Adamska
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ocelot-Adamska Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Okay. I'll fill you in when you come back if we already started.
    Haxorzunited14
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post by Haxorzunited14 Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:50 pm

I have found more than enough mistakes in this.
    Cpduhe
    Cpduhe
    Beginner
    Beginner

Post by Cpduhe Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:25 pm

Dracosus(girl) wrote:Here I would like to provide information of tye basic Plant an Animal Cell, later on more information will be added, this is to provide Ideas to other creators, hope this helps when complete.

Plant Cell:

- This cell contains Chloroplasts that are green, they take energy from the sunlight and use it to produce food, also known as photosynthesis.

Cell Wall- This is also only found in plant cells and bacteria cells, this barrier is stiff and gives the cell a rigid box like shape. (made of cellulose)

Nucleus- 'The Brain' of the cell, controlling it's activities, including reproduction.

Cytoplasm- This gooey substance is beyond the cell membrane and that's where all the organelles flaot around freely.

Nucleolus- Manufactures ribosomes.

Chromatin-Contains directions for the cell's nucleus.

Nuclear Membrane- Protects the cell's Nucleus.

-Now we know all organelles are important in a cell, but those are some of the most important, take a look at the diagram below to view the rest, if you want me to give you information on a certain organelle, please ask.-

Cell Diagram found at www.tvcc.edu

Cells, the building blocks of life. Labeled%2520plant%2520cell

Animal Cell:

Lysosomes- Only found in animal cells, these organelles eat up dead cell parts and are very important.

Cytoplasm- This gooey substance is beyond the cell membrane and that's where all the organelles flaot around freely.

Some things fixed and a few added.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:14 am